The benefits of being a UKALA member are significant. In an information age, it is essential for any letting agency to have access to the latest news and regulatory changes affecting the sector, and be able to tap into a high level of knowledge and critical support when required.
Through UKALA's partnership with the NLA as well as from the provision of an array of business-enhancing benefits, UKALA members are able to access a range of information, support and advice in a number of different ways:
UKALA members can now use the NLA Telephone Advice Line. It is staffed fully by professionals and is available Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. The service is recognised as a huge benefit to members, and is FREE.
Through UKALA’s relationship with the NLA, member agents receive unrivalled access to professional portfolio landlords and private landlords with a smaller number of properties. Members also receive FREE Recognised Supplier status (worth £1,500 per year) which offers members additional ways to capitalise on the NLA relationship. This benefit is highly valued by members and enhances their industry status and credibility.
As part of the NLA Recognised Supplier scheme, UKALA members wil benefit from:
- Use of the NLA Recognised Suppier Logo on their websites and business stationary to help promote their businesses.
- 20% discount when advertising in the UK Landlord magazine.
- Being identified in the UKALA "Search for an agent" database (undergoing development)
UKALA members are invited to attend the many landlord branch meetings that take place throughout the country, on average an NLA branch meeting takes place every day of the year. There may be opportunities to promote your business by exhibiting or speaking. UKALA members' details are also displayed on the "Search for an Agent" database which is searchable by NLA members and non-member landlords alike, who may be seeking a professional agent to assist with their letting requirements.
UKALA members receive one free subscription to UK Landlord as well as discounted reference checking. The UKALA shop offers members an array of business enhancing products.
The website supports the growing and changing needs of landlords and agents. It includes:
- A comprehensive online library covering the day-to-day aspects of letting property.
- A summary of the key issues affecting the industry today, our stance on those issues and an update on what is being done to address them.
- Dealing with disputes, deposit queries, insurance and tenant issues.
- News updates.
- A calendar listing NLA events throughout the country.
- A ‘search for a UKALA agent’ facility for tenants and landlords and a ‘verify NLA Membership’ function for agents and tenants.
UKALA members will receive one free subscription to UK Landlord during their membership term.
UKALA members are eligible to attend a range of half and/or one-day courses at discounted rates. The array of courses are accessed either through the respected industry training provider Training for Professionals of via the extremely popular NLA courses and will equip agency staff with the knowledge to operate the day-to-day running of a business effectively and develop their understanding of the lettings industry.
The UKALA website also provides agents with 24/7 access to an FREE Online Library containing a wealth of information on the various and often complex legislation governing the letting of private residential property. It is continually updated to reflect the most recent changes in the law and provides essential advice on best practice, ensuring that UKALA agents are aware of their responsibilities to tenants and landlords.