A range of opportunities and use of NLA Services at discounted rates
At UKALA, we believe it is important to work with others to improve the standards of the industry.
We can provide members with access to the following support and services. These include protecting and enhancing your business and safeguarding the needs of your clients, the operations of the business, improving the level of staff training, and a number of day-to-day discounted services that can enable members to generate revenue through sales and commissions. We are committed to introducing further products and services to meet the expanding needs of agents.
TDP is now a legal requirement for virtually all tenancy agreements in the UK. UKALA members qualify for preferential rates for membership and deposit protection with my|deposits, a government-approved tenancy deposit protection scheme. Members can register a deposit for only £10, a saving of £24 on the standard my|deposits fee. After just two deposit protections, therefore, members will have recovered their monthly UKALA membership fee.
- Discounted Membership/Renewal Fees
- Discounted Deposit Protection Fees
- The ability to hold the deposit for the duration of the tenancy
- The preferred Tenancy Deposit Protection scheme choice for letting agents
- A bulk upload facility is available for easy administration
Staff development is key to a successful business. Continued Professional Development is an excellent way for staff to improve their knowledge of the industry.
UKALA members are eligible to attend a range of NLA half and/or one-day courses at discounted rates. The array of courses are accessed either through the respected industry training provider Training for Professionals or via the extremely popular NLA courses and will equip agency staff with the knowledge to operate the day-to-day running of a business effectively and develop their understanding of the lettings industry.
The UKALA website also provides agents with 24/7 access to an FREE Online Library containing a wealth of information on the various and often complex legislation governing the letting of private residential property. It is continually updated to reflect the most recent changes in the law and provides essential advice on best practice, ensuring that UKALA agents are aware of their responsibilities to tenants and landlords.
HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) routinely conduct extensive examinations of a proportion of businesses. This may include an in-depth review of your tax return records. These enquiries can take time and money to sort out.
- Tax Investigation Insurance is included as a benefit of UKALA membership at no extra charge
- It indemnifies members for professional costs whilst they are being represented
- A free telephone advice line is available
- Tax Investigation Policy - Summary of Cover
- Tax Investigation Policy - Full
- Tax Investigation Policy Schedule
As an additional benefit to members, and at no extra charge, UKALA has included Client Money Protection Insurance. This offers the landlord clients and tenants of UKALA members the peace of mind that their money is protected. .
- This cover is for theft of a client’s money, which is in the care, custody or control of the Insured (an Association Member), by an /Director/Partner/Shareholder (acting on behalf of the member) or by a Third Party
- The Annual Limit of Indemnity is £5,000,000
- A sub-limit of £500,000 per insured loss and £25,000 any one tenant/landlord claim